Okay, So I’m not really a blogger, just a writer. I don’t have a particular niche. I write about everything –– whatever strikes me. A lot of fiction. But right now I’m thinking about the fact that Elton John is the King of Fucking Everything and that he and Bernie Taupin are the only two humans who should be allowed to wear sunglasses in the evenings. (If you haven’t seen Rocketman yet, do yourself a favor and see it; it was even more than I’d hoped for). Suffice it to say, that I will not be writing about doing laundry or how I got my teeth drilled or anything like that, but I definitely won’t write about just one particular topic. A lot of things interest me. Literature, art, music of most kinds, natoional/international politics, pop culture analysis, fashion (hello! knitwear designer), herbalism, history, trivia.
I’m not good with social media. Actually I’m an awkward socializer in general. I used to get out. Be more social and exciting. Then, when I was 29, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic back pain, sciatica, and arthritis. This also causes migraines, panic attacks, and severe despression. So, I’ve had to pull back from my social life and for quite a while, my dreams. And I’m definitely not one of those pro-positivity–pull-your–back-up–by-your-boot-straps!! kinda broads. I’m finally getting better at it, finally meeting the right people and doing the right things for myself. I’m also much more of a morning person now. This isn’t by choice, but once I’m up, I’m up. A lot of things have changed over the last year. Now, I’ve become more of a relaxed nerd; trading week(ends) at the bar for week(end) priorities. I smoke, and consume cannabis edibles for pain management and relief and also for enjoyment. I fully support the cannabis movement.
I still REALLY REALLY miss Prince. He was the first man –– well, him and George Michael –– that made me realize that sex and dancing went hand and hand. Also, I rely on coffee to keep me awake and from being a bitch. I attempt to make friends, A lot of people say that I have “ugly sitting face.” I can’t help it; that’s just how my face is.
I curse like a sailor, disregard my filter, and if I can’t make you like me, I’ll try to make you uncomfortable.
I self published a book of short stories in 2013 so that my work existed in hard copy. The cover is hideous. This inside is all right. Its called What We Want to Hear and you can purchase a copy at lulu.com. Right now, that’s that only way I get paid for it.
Right now, I’m working on a book of knitting badassery. A few patterns, but mostly subversive advice and stories from someone who has been messing with the sticks for almost 25 years. I also have some short story drafts and and unfleshed out novel bangin’ around up there in the back of my brain. We’ll see.
This is also the first Pride (2019!) where I am out as a polyamorous, pansexual woman. I will be writing about issues surrounding these parts of my life. If it was possible, this blog will be even moreso LQBTQIA+ friendly, now that I have moved from being a supporter to an involved member of the community. Rude and derogatory comments will not be tolerated, and immediately removed. 💞💛🏳️🌈
- I used to own an inordinate number of wigs. I believe in having the perfect hair for every occasion. Right now, my real hair is a deep green teal colour.
- I listen to a lot more rap than you would expect at first glance.
- I read Pride and Prejudice when I was nine and saw the BBC miniseries with Colin Firth when I was ten. He is the standard I hold all men to.
- My need-to-cry movie is The Way We Were starring Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford. “Your girl is lovely, Hubbel.” Fuck. It gets me every time.
- I am terrified of carnival clowns, mice and rats, and spiders.
- I believe in spirits. I’ve practiced with divination for many years, and I’m a certified herbalist in the state of Massachusetts. (I live just over the border in Providence, RI).
- I’m way more up to date on British things that American things (except the Royal Wedding and baby).
- I judge books by their covers.
- I have two cats (Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bennet), but I am not a crazy cat lady.
- I am finally happily in the perfect relationships for me right now. As someone who spent most of her adult life with the “relationships” aspect of her life being a virtual landmine, I finally feel content.
- Sometimes, I look like a hipster, sometimes like a hippie, sometimes like a mess. I am none of these things, except maybe sometimes a mess.
Also, I find things like this funny: